maandag 7 juli 2008

Waiting is a vessel that will take me to

'It occurred to me then that I'd seen that light before. Was it in a dream? It must have been... It must have been in a dream. That light. It stared from my window in the frontroom. "Please" I muttered "I want to sleep now". And it went away.
Eventually I wound up in bed, not being able to sleep, as happens often these days. The great problem here was that the room was fully dark, but when I closed my eyes, I saw a great, white shining around me. And I just couldn't get rid of it. I opened my eyes and everything was dark. I closed them and everything was bright. Really annoying. After a while I wasn't able to keep my eyes open anymore and I fell asleep in the white light, while darkness was only behind my eyelids. The brightness seemed to cheer in silence, and, continuing in that utter silence, told me a story that I can't remember now. But it was some kind of a child's tale about witchcraft or something. When I woke up I was struck blind. Well, I mean I couldn't see anything. My hand reached out for the switch, but it was gone. And I was caught in a bed with no lights anywhere and my eyes wouldn't get used to it.
That situation remained for seven days and here I am. Thinner. But I've become wiser too, I believe. I guess it was just something everybody's experienced somewhere in their lives already. You know, I mean, take the night; The night must be there for a reason don't you think? I don't know if I'm able to explain this whole situation clearly though. I'm trying anyway.'

4 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Dat is Engels.

Carl Piccadilly zei

IK heb het niet bedacht

Anoniem zei

Dat maakt het niet minder Engels.

Carl Piccadilly zei

De Engelse taal is doordrengd met wijsheid. Begrijp je dat wel?